Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Look At You

Having been a bit sullen after coming back from NZ, my friend reminded me how much I love Chicago and while I knew it, I could not actually seem to feel it. I rounded out the year with one of my 2008 obsessions - My Morning Jacket at the Chicago Theater. This was a happy reminder of why Chicago is great, even in the drab, dark, cold winter. This old historic theater, lead singer Jim James expressing his love for Perfect Strangers and Barack Obama.


This song, "Look At You" by MMJ must be meant for our Mister President-Elect:

Look at you
Such a fine citizen!
Look at you
Such a glowing example of peace and glory...

Let me follow you.
We believe in your power to lead without fear.
Not about, in some tower, but here-right down here-... with us in this world.
Look at you everywhere at once.




Ah yes...to be in the arms of my city

****

No comments: