Tuesday, November 4, 2008

President Palin...

..and other things that didn't happen.

Not wanting to withstand a brutal layover situation (I was originally scheduled to have mindnumbing 12-14 hour layovers in Delhi and Bangkok enroute to Auckland), at the last minute I canceled flights and opted to go to Singapore and hang out with Cindy on her home turf. So instead of gouging my eyes out in airports, I endured a harsh three days of sleeping in, swimming in a pool and eating savory and cheap Singapore cuisine. Known endearingly as "Asia Light" to Westerners, Singapore seems to blend the comforts of western life (sit down toilets, clean and organized city life) with the best of the East (food and travel). I fill with blind, raging jealousy when I see how Cindy visits some exotic, pristine locations (Lumboc, Bali, Vietnam, etc etc etc) y'know, just for a weekend getaway.



No warm spots in the pool at Hotel Wangster


The aftermath. You can't see Yuan who is lying on the floor in a blissful food coma.


Heaven? No, it's hawker stand.


Professor Wang, National University, Singapore


No comments: