Monday, April 6, 2009

Resurrection Sunday

Another refurbishing project, this time I found some $10 old wooden chairs at a Howard Brown resale shop in Oak Park. I spent Sunday sanding them down and restaining them.

These beat up chairs had paint all over them. I think the smaller ones had been previously painted and then stripped. I'm curious how old these are or in whose homes these have been. This is the "Before" shot.


Again, I listened to Neko Case while doing this. In Middle Cyclone, she collected six unwanted, free pianos from Craigslist to record "Don't Forget Me" I dunno, something in her music makes you want to restore furniture.

Left stained. Right sanded.


Bandanas and ripped up jeans (not pictured)

The "After" shot.
They are still a little creaky, but usable and maybe just a little better lookin'


1 comment:

brad said...

i'm loving these renovation projects. nice handy work. oh, and i'm in austin right now hanging out with a friend for the weekend. what a great city.