Sunday, October 5, 2008

Two Minute Warning


This was my two-minute offense, frantically scrambling and trying to squeeze everything in the waning minutes of my time in Seattle. More precisely, this is how it went down:

Friday - getting marked for life! Calexico at the Moore

Saturday - a hike in Rainier National Park


Sunday - My Morning Jacket at McCaw Hall. This is the best show I've ever been to and writing a review was agonizing.


Monday - Lost my hearing at Cold War Kids at the Showbox



Tuesday- Dinner with Whitney at Latona Pub, a cozy local place in Green Lake.


Wednesday - a leetle red wine and dessert in Montlake with my doctor friend.



Thursday - Career Day! I visited Whitney and her graphics department at the Seattle Times and then also an awesome tour of D & L Screenprinting in Ballard, a studio mostly for show posters.



Friday - Saying goodbyes at work followed by a last minute costume party with clever and witty friends. The theme? Come as your favorite thing about Seattle. Attendees included the Space Needle, A Subaru, A lawn-mowing goat from Queen Anne, A map of Seattle frighteningly similar to uterus/fallopian tubes/ovaries, and a passive aggressive Seattle-ite. Brilliant.

We finished it all off at the Little Red Hen for some down home country music and dancin'

Saturday - In true turd form, I almost missed my flight back to Chicago in the morning because I was very "tired"


There is simply not enough time in this world.


No comments: